Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who does not enjoy a chocolate chip cookie? …especially when the cookies are gluten-free. We have a wonderful recipe that involves two of our mixes: the Multipurpose Flour and the Pancake Mix.
First, let’s start with the ingredients:
- 1/3 cup (or 53 grams) Shortening – We prefer Spectrum©.
- 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1-1/4 cup (or 180 grams) of Colette and Frank’s Gluten Free Goodness Pancake Mix
- 1 cup (or 125 grams) of Colette and Frank’s Gluten Free Goodness Multipurpose Flour
- 1 bag of Chocolate Chips – We prefer Enjoy Life© brand.
Now for the baking instructions:
- Preheat Oven to 375.
- Cream shortening and sugars in a mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla, oil, and water. Mix until combined.
- Combine the Xanthan Gum, our gluten-free pancake mix, and multipurpose flour a little at a time to the creamed mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking stone and press down on each cookie until flattened.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes and serve.
Enjoy and pop a couple of those chocolate chip cookies in the mail for us too! Just kidding.
If you wish to use Coconut Sugar, simply remove both the granulated sugar and the brown sugar and replace them with 1-1/2 cups of coconut sugar.