Banana bread is such a wonderful treat. We brought our banana bread to a family holiday gathering. Everyone who ate it loved it and could not believe that it was gluten-free! Share it with your family or with your friends. They don’t have to know it’s gluten-free. They’ll find out once you help yourself to a slice.
First, gather all of the ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter (room temperature or slightly melted)
- 3 medium eggs, lightly beaten (Vegan option: see below)
- 3 large, very ripe bananas, mashed (about 380 grams of the banana flesh)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp guar gum
- 1 package of Colette & Frank’s Gluten-Free Goodness Pancake Mix
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla, and mashed bananas in a mixer until well blended.
- Add in the eggs and mix until well blended (again).
- Turn the mixer off and add all of the pancake mix into the mixer as well as the guar gum. Mix, by hand, with a spatula until everything is slightly blended. Then, turn on the mixer to mix it thoroughly… no longer than 30-45 seconds more.
- Pour the batter into a bundt pan.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cover the bundt pan with foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the bundt pan and allow it to cool for at least 20-30 minutes. Then flip the bundt pan onto a plate to allow the banana bread to fall out.
- Allow it to completely cool until it reaches room temperature.
- If you are using a mini loaf pan, put the banana bread in the oven for about 40-45 minutes until cooked all the way through and a deep brown color.
- At this point, the banana bread is wonderful to eat as is. However, you can always dress it up with a little powdered sugar sprinkled over top or by pouring icing over the top of it. To make it a little healthier, substitute yogurt or applesauce for the butter. The texture will slightly change, but the taste will be just as good.
- Be creative and add sunflower seed butter (1 T), pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, or dried cranberries.
Replace the three eggs with two Ener-G eggs and one Flax Seed egg. In addition, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar to step 4 above. Set the oven to 325. Plan on baking the bundt cake for 80 minutes. For the first 40-50 minutes cover the bundt cake with foil.